Thursday, July 3, 2008

First Trip to the Zoo

I took my first trip to the zoo a couple of weeks back. My friend Gavin and his mommy and daddy came along with us, so I was happy about that. We always have a big time together. Mommy said that we were going to see a lot of animals and boy was she right! The first thing that we saw though was this awesome padded playroom that we got to jump around in. Everything in there was soft and cushioned, so Gavin and I could run around, jump and fall down without even getting hurt! Mommy and Daddy thought it was pretty cool too. If I take a couple more falls, I bet I could convince them to pad our whole house in that stuff.



Next we went to this den full of birds called Lorikeets. They were flying around everywhere and one landed on Daddy's shoulder and was licking his neck! Yucky!! Gavin's daddy had one on him too. I don't know what those birds like about daddies, but apparently their necks taste pretty good.



Then we moved on and saw lots more animals. There were so many that I don't think we got a picture of all of them, but here are some of the highlights.



After I had a sno cone and petted the goats, it was time to go home and boy was I exhausted! I barely made it out of the parking lot before I was asleep in my car seat and I slept really good that night too. The zoo can really wear a person out!



Well, that concludes our fun day to the zoo. Mommy and Daddy bought us a membership, so I'm sure there will be many more trips to come. Adios for now!



1 comment:

lindz said...

Aww Sam and I want to go to the zoo with you guys. Can we borrow your kid and go to the zoo?